Ivy in Bloom: The Poetry of Spring from Great Poets and Writers from the Past by Vanita Oelschlager

Ivy in Bloom: The Poetry of Spring from Great Poets and Writers from the Past - Vanita Oelschlager, Kristin Blackwood

**Thank you VanitaBooks and Netgalley for providing this in exchange for a honest review**

A very short review for this very short book. I love going back and rereading all the books I read as a child. When it comes to new childrens books, I might find them cute, but there isn't a lot of actual enjoyment there. Most of them are forgotten as soon as I finish them. This one stands out. I grew up in North Eastern America, and experienced the long, cold, grey winters that have Ivy feel gloomy. Even though we don't know anything about Ivy, this still made me feel a connection with her. I really like the way Oelschlager wove snippets from different poems together. The end products had a pleasant rhythm.

Kristin Blackwood did a brilliant job. The illustrations are absolutely adorable. I loved the colors that were used, and I loved the water colored look they had.

Overall this was a very enjoyable little read.