A Curse Awakened by Cecy Robson

A Curse Awakened - Cecy Robson

**Thank you Random House and Netgalley for providing this in exchange for an honest review**

The Wird sisters are moving in 4 days. They need to move for their own sanity. Their parents were murdered and they need a fresh start somewhere that isn't filled with painful memories. Things seem to be falling into place for them. They've all found employment and have almost finished their packing. Then Celia's ex, Danny, calls. He needs help from the girls. His father has been kidnapped by vampires.

This was my first introduction to the Weird Girls series. Even though I didn't love it, I did enjoy it enough to move Sealed with a Curse from my "Maybe" to to my TBR list. The thing I loved most about the story was the bond the sisters shared. What can I say, I'm always a sucker when it comes to sister stories. Another thing I really liked was how the girls powers where handled. Each has their own unique power. They also have distinctive, likable personalities.

There were a few things I that bothered me. Taran has a fire ability. It's obvious that she is immune to her flames, but her clothes? Really? Also, how did Danny go from not really knowing anything about supernaturals to becoming an almost expert on all thing supernatural? He said he was able to track down a few books recently, but yet he seems to have all the answers when the time comes for the girls to break their curse?